Sky Rock Hotels is one of the most preferred hotels in Nigeria committed to exceeding guests’ expectations. At Sky Rock Hotel, we pursue growth and development through continuous learning and constantly adapting to an ever-changing world. Also, we are proud to deliver genuine care, comfort and warmth to all our guests.
Job Position: Maintenance Assistant
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are looking to employ a dedicated and reliable maintenance assistant to maintain our facilities and perform regular cleaning tasks.
- The maintenance assistant’s responsibilities include removing trash and recyclable materials, overseeing the work of contracted vendors as required, as well as attending training, safety programs, and staff meetings. You should also be able to prepare accurate repair and cleaning reports.
- To be successful as a maintenance assistant, you should be hard-working, have good hand-eye coordination, and able to lift heavy objects as required.
- Ultimately, an exceptional maintenance assistant should be able to safely operate hand and power tools as well as demonstrate excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Completing minor repair work, which includes repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles as well as replacing light bulbs, sockets, switches, and window glass.
- Performing basic plumbing tasks, which includes unclogging drains as well as fixing leaking faucets and toilets.
- Performing regular cleaning duties, which includes sweeping, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Maintaining all outdoor areas, which entails mowing, trimming, and edging the lawn as well as shoveling snow and ice as required.
- Inspecting control panels and electrical wiring to detect any issues that require immediate attention.
- Taking inventory of maintenance supplies and notifying the Supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Promptly responding to requests for emergency repairs and clean-ups.
- Ensuring that all maintenance equipment is in good working order.
- Completing scheduled maintenance tasks
- Conducting preventative maintenance and identifying when items need upgrading or replacing
- Providing information and advice on maintenance issues to clients and customers
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Liaising with contractors to ensure that they complete projects on time
- Painting and decorating or conducting repairs to flooring and other fittings
- Ensuring rooms are maintained and fully equipped
- SSCE / OND / NCE / HND in any relevant discipline
- 1 – 4 years work experience.
- Sound knowledge of basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical wiring.
- Proven general maintenance experience.
- The ability to safely operate hand and power tools as well as cleaning equipment.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
N30,000 – N40,000 / month.
5th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Maintenance Assistant” as the subject of the mail.