Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency, and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totaled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
Job Position: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
- We are now looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our O&M team in Ewekoro, Nigeria.
- The Successful candidate will report to the Agreement Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Plan, lead and manage daily maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team in order to ensure customer satisfaction and to reach set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
- Ensure maintenance reliability and availability of the plant according to contract.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Ensure competent resources and competence development of the maintenance resources and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the condition of the plant and equipment are according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Implement Contract Management action plans, processes and guidelines in the assigned responsibility area.
- Prepare reports, maintenance plan and budget as instructed by the Contract Manager.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and availability of the plant.
- Follow-up and optimize the maintenance costs of the plant.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Maintain good internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Negotiate and purchase materials and services for maintenance according to the plan.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant
- Development and improvement of the maintenance plan and all resources to its right implementation and administration.
- Develop and train maintenance team members and ensure optimum performance at all times.
You will shine in this role when you have:
- MSc. / BEng. / B.Sc. in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong work-related experience as project Maintenance Manager will reliable years of field service experience OR Proven job experience in power plants/ marine/industrial at managerial level,
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar 4-stroke engines.
- Several years of experience on Wärtsilä W18V50DF Engines is an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of maintenance management procedures.
- Cost awareness & effectiveness Local legislations and labour laws Wärtsilä quality, safety, environment skills Workplace ICT equipment & applications skill.
- Professional Skill Contract Planning, Operation Management and Maintenance Management.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Team building, Communication, Coaching Management skills Problem solving and decision making.
- Understanding of Cyber security, Engine knowledge and Scheduled maintenance Auxiliary system.
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback and training to team members to strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem,
- WECS, UNIC and Engine Fine tuning experience is an added advantage.
- Problem solving and innovative mindset and maintain positive working relationships with customers, peers, subordinates, and vendors in a fast-paced Customer environment.
- Achieving results
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and target setting
- Situational and cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer focus.
Management & Leadership Competencies:
- Team building
- Management skills
- Problem-solving and decision making
29th July 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online