Fadac Resources and Services – Our client is a leading FMCG group in Africa. They are into manufacturing branded personal care products for the African market.
- Job Position: Maintenance Officer
- Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Troubleshoot machine failures by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using measuring and testing tools.
- Fix technical issues to root cause using any
- Good knowledge of measurements; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments both in metric and imperial units
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with good housekeeping procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Read and interpret engineering blueprints and use same for troubleshooting defective equipment to resolution.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment such as; conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
- Understand various types of lubricants, color codes, and applicable areas of use for effective inspection and lubrication standards.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
- Carry out some improvement on machine parts for repairs and upgrades.
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
- Good communication with the team (engineering) and across the team (production).
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance.
- Previous experience working with Valpak machine.
- 2 – 3 years of work experience.
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in mechanical engineering from a reputable institution.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machines, gearboxes, pneumatics, conveyor systems, and every production-related equipment following engineering diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, SOPs, and engineering specifications.
- Previous work experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician.
- Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems.
- Familiarity with industrial safety standards and regulations. Basic computer knowledge of MS office excel and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good time-management skills.
31st March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online