Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists shares an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
- Job Position: Malaria Program Manager – NMEP
- Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Malaria Program Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSCPSM) in Nigeria.
- Over the past 5 years, the USAID in collaboration with the Global Fund (GF), has provided technical assistance through its implementing partners to the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP).
- This support has involved commodity provision, remote technical assistance for program implementation as well as personnel embedment/ dedicated service through the PSM mechanism.
- The Malaria Program Manager will work very closely with the GHSC-PSM central Teams to harmonize commodity data and status updates ensuring commodity visibility for the national malaria program; NMEP and other stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for facilitating an enabling environment for strengthening and institutionalizing supply chain systems within the PSM branch of the NMEP.
- The Manager will also support day-to-day PSM activities including developing systems, commodity forecasting, and supply planning, individual and organizational capacity development to implement PSM activities, and coordination of key stakeholders within the Roll Back malaria partnership.
- Manage the central Malaria Team to harmonize and analyze malaria commodity data for updates and informed decisions to the client and all stakeholders
- Provide strategic embedment support with focus placed on systems strengthening rather than working on specific individual programs
- Influencing strategic decisions through input into policy development/reviews, institutional and human capacity development, and tool/process development
- Provide technical support for institutional and individual capacity building
- Coordinate the Drug Management Unit of Malaria Program Department in monitoring shipments and in-country pipelines to provide regular update
- Facilitate the supply of data and necessary information to the PSM Branch of NMEP to ensure National visibility into the supply chain activities in the program.
- Coordinate the Malaria commodities Migration (starting with ACT and SP) to the Drug Revolving Drug (DRF) mechanism in the eleven PMI-supported States
- Develop more synergistic working relationships with the government and across the health programs and agencies including the national level LMCU task team and other key NPSCMP workstreams
- Support the development and monitoring of the implementation of annual operational plans and departmental work plans and support the roll-out of LMCU State strategies
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify bottlenecks & opportunities and map processes to facilitate the development of a process improvement plan
- Facilitate central collaboration efforts between the Government of Nigeria (GON) at the NMEP, donors, and relevant Stakeholders in PSM activities and develop strategies to foster collaboration in procurement planning, shipment tracking, distribution, monitoring and supervision, LMIS reporting & information management.
- Support the NMEP routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees.
- Support the NMEP and the principal recipients in building a system and planning for national forecasting and supply planning (quantification) exercise; participate and provide technical guidance on building assumptions during the exercise.
- Provide technical assistance in pipeline monitoring to states and service delivery points.
- Support the National Malaria Program in improving malaria logistics data quality and visibility from the National to LGA levels particularly as it relates to National Health Logistics Management Information System NHLMIS.
- Deliberate on emerging issues pertaining to drug management and proffer solutions.
- Provide technical assistance for the use of relevant malaria data for planning and decision making.
- Support Government agencies PSM led activities in collaboration with other partners in supply chain management harmonization efforts across health programs and identify synergies, efficiencies, and supply chain performance improvement targets.
- Provide technical contribution to quarterly and annual reports for submission to GON, donors, and Partners for the Program or Project
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned
- The Malaria Program Manager NMEP will report directly to the Malaria Director
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Applicants for these positions should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration.
- Certification with relevant professional bodies in Supply Chain Management.
- Seven Years of professional experience in Health Program Management.
- At least one year of proven experience in managing Public Health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar countries in West Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Public Health sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Program or Project Supported states within Nigeria.
- A proven ability to manage a team and to be self-managing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects daily with minimal supervision
26th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online