9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Job Position: Manager, Change and Asset Management
- Job: IRC4001
- Job Location: Lagos
- This role also ensures that the changes to IT business and technical services are adequately impact assessed, prioritized, scheduled, authorized, and implemented in such a way as to optimize risks and resources associated with the changes and releases. The role oversees the IT Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management Policies, Process, and Procedures using appropriate tools.
- This role provides defines and manages the IT Service Asset and Configuration items throughout their lifecycle to support all other IT Service Management processes and to ensure optimal benefit of the asset and items to the business
Strategic / Tactical:
- Participate and contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT Operating model
- Define the IT Service Asset & Configuration as well as the IT Change & Release Management process strategy and periodically reviewing the process strategy to ensure that it is still appropriate and effect updates as required
- Define and enforce IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Define the IT Change & Release Management Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- Account for, manage and protect the integrity of service assets and configuration items throughout the service lifecycle by ensuring that only authorized components are used and only authorized changes are made
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on IT Asset & Configuration and IT Change & Release management life cycles of IT Service Management
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities
- Drive for the attainment of expected service levels through the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management related KPIs
- Ensure adequate automation and availability of adequate IT Service Asset and Configuration and IT Change &Release Management solutions
- Ensuring that appropriate the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process documentation is available and up to date
- Periodically auditing the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and Change and Release Management process to ensure compliance to IT Service Assets & Configuration and IT Change& Release Management policies, process and procedures
- Communicating IT Service Asset &Configuration Management and IT Change and Release Management processes information or changes as appropriate to ensure awareness
- Providing IT Service Asset &Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process resources to support activities required throughout the Service Management lifecycle
- Ensuring IT Service Asset &Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process technicians have the required knowledge and the required technical and business understanding to deliver the process and use the available solutions [e.g. Configuration Management System (CMS), CMBD, Asset Management, and Change Management] that enable the processes.
- Reviewing opportunities for IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process enhancements and for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process
- Addressing issues with the running of the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change & Release Management process
- Monitor trends in utilization of asset and configuration items and collaborate with IT Capacity Management function to ensure adequacy of IT assets and configuration items to meet set target service levels
- Identify, control, record, report, audit, and verify service assets and configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes, and relationships.
- Provide input to the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) plan managed by the IT Performance Management team.
- Review and analyze IT asset utilization reports and ensure the right insight and recommendations on underperforming assets & configuration items are brought to the fore.
Maintain and manage organization interfaces with the following key entities:
- Business: Engages to ensure that IT service asset & change management policies and procedures are adequately communicated.
- Strategy & Architecture Governance, Demand Fulfillment Teams, Performance & Capacity Management and other IT units: Collaborates to ensure that precise information on IT Service Asset, Configuration items and IT Service changes are made available in a timely manner.
- Finance: Collaborates with Finance Fixed Asset Management unit to ensure business requirements, metrics and targets for IT Asset Management are clearly defined to deliver the expected benefit to the Business.
- Operational Risk Management &Information Risk Management: collaborates with Risk Management teams to identify and mitigate valid operational & information risks
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University preferred. Strong customer-centricity focus.
- 6 years of combined experience work experience in a service management or IT governance with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- At least 3 year experience in a supervisory role.
- Candidate will ideally have good exposure to IT Service Asset & Configuration Management and IT Change &Release management processes and solutions (e.g., CMS, CMBD, Asset Management system) and good knowledge of IT governance processes.
- Experience with IT financial management, resource planning, task prioritization, budget / cost control. Strong ability to process data and extract actionable insights.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, vendor management, and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk.
- Experience in working / negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL is required; good and demonstrable experience as an ITIL practitioner.
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), solid team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills and the ability to drive performance, consensus from all areas within the company
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online