United Parcel Service (UPS) – Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Job Position: Manager – Finance & Accounting
- Job ID: 066078
- Job Location: Lagos – Nigeria
- The Finance Manager is responsible for providing profit, cost and revenue information to staff level management and analyzing opportunities in cost reduction. He / She manages the district Finance Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and serves as a liaison between Corporate staff-level management and region Finance.
Monitors Business, Cost, and Profit Performance:
- Produces reports comparing actual expenses to planned expenses to determine U.S. domestic corporate finance performance.
- Projects cost performance for the current month prior to month-end to provide an estimate of cost results.
- Analyzes cost areas where performance is below target (e.g., billed volume compared to expense, etc.) to determine reasons for variances and to develop action plans.
- Monitors company cost initiatives (e.g., rent, number of trailers, etc.) to understand variances.
Prepares Business, Cost, and Profit Performance Reviews:
- Creates presentations to reflect actual versus business plan results to the Management Committee.
- Evaluates cost overruns by region to provide data to the Management Committee for their review and action.
- Enters cost initiative results (e.g., transportation, staffing, etc.) into presentations to reflect percent effectiveness in the planned savings.
Evaluates and Inputs BSC Results:
- Identifies BSC elements and guidelines to ensure accurate scoring occurs on the BSC.
- Obtains information from various business groups (e.g., Business Information Analysis, etc.) to enter in the BSC.
- Populates the monthly results (i.e., actual versus planned) to hold regions and districts accountable to planned targets.
- Determines the scores attained in each element to identify the best and least best districts and regions.
- Publishes Finance BSC results to identify the best and least good districts and regions.
Tracks and Reports on Cost and Staffing Initiatives:
- Enters staffing reduction results by region to hold regions accountable to the plan.
- Consolidates the executive summary overview to measure actual versus business plan results in safety, cost, volume growth, production, and service.
- Distributes results to regions to ensure awareness of monthly performance.
Liaises with Region and District Finance and Corp Controller Coordinator:
- Reviews BSC appeals to ensure the data on the BSC accurately represents region and district performance.
- Monitors cost plans to ensure adjustments are made to meet business objectives.
- Reviews customer issues (e.g., billing errors, etc.) to provide guidance to Business Development.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools
- Finance Knowledge
- Report Generation
- Small Package Operations Knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online