Techloy is an independent data-driven business and financial news publication for the technology industry across emerging and frontier markets globally.
At Techloy, we create and curate the most important topics around technology, startups, and venture capital in the world’s leading emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
Job Position: Managing Editor
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- Techloy is currently seeking a versatile and highly experienced editor, preferably one who is currently working or has worked within the technology media ecosystem in Africa or Asia.
- He/She must be passionate about breaking business and financial news about startups and venture capital in emerging markets. The ideal person must be able to lead our editorial team, be business savvy, and will be reporting to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Managing a small editorial team across key emerging markets
- Coverage of the most important technology news with some perspective and a bit of wit.
- Crunching data for the startup, venture capital, and technology industry
- Editing our weekly newsletter series, The Draft and ChartBox.
- Hosting and/or co-hosting live events on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Clubhouse, YouTube, etc from time to time.
- Closing content partnership and event sponsorship deals
- Passion for breaking technology news
- Drive, positive attitude, and a good sense of humour
- Must have key contacts to sources within the startup communities in key emerging markets and the larger technology industry around the world.
- Must have regular access to the Internet
- Must provide links to at least five (5) of your well-written articles, stories, or reports
- Show which tech blogs you read on a regular basis
- Good written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce reports and insightful analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of data analytics tools such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau, R, or Python.
- Be connected to social media platforms with a decent number of followers
- Ability to edit your own work without supervision
- Ability to collaborate on stories with other members of the editorial team
Based on standards within the technology media industry, along with interesting perks.
April 30, 2022
How to apply
Are you interested in this role?
- Write a personal statement or motivation essay of not more than 200 words and send it to email@example.com, telling us about yourself, including your background and interests; your goals and passions; your experience and skills.