Bacardi Limited is the largest privately held, family-owned spirits company in the world. Originally known for its eponymous Bacardi white rum, it now has a portfolio of more than 200 brands and labels. Founded in 1862, and family-owned for seven generations, Bacardi employs 6,000 people, manufactures at 27 facilities in 16 markets on four continents, with sales in more than 150 countries. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited. The company sells in excess of 200 million bottles per year. The company’s sales in 2007 were US$5.5 billion, up from $4.9 billion in 2006. Bacardi Limited is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, and has a 16-member board of directors led by the original founder’s great-great grandson, Facundo L. BacardÃ. Along with other leading alcohol producers, Bacardi is part of a producers’ commitments to reducing harmful drinking.
Job Position: Market Development Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- This is a great opportunity to be part of the Nigeria commercial team as Market Development Manager.
- Your principal role will be to support your manager with marketing and sales analysis inputs.
- You will also be monitoring the distributors KPI and work in developing fast growing E-commerce space. The role reports into National Sales Manager Nigeria.
- As the Market Development Manager, you will be accountable to create and maintain supply chain and logistical business flow, as well as data analysis and feedback on the market growth and potential.
- You will also play a major role in planning & supporting new product launches.
With our consumer at the heart, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Trade data analysis and translation
- Market and trade visits across region
- Plan and support new product launches
- Monitoring distributors Key Performance Indictors for on premise channel
- You will also support your manager with relevant marketing and sales analysis inputs
- You will provide feedback on the market growth and potential in the On premise channel
- Supporting your Manager in sales & marketing administration, budget preparations and revisions
- Market/Competitor research & analysis
- Monthly Sales and stock follow up
- Monthly Marketing reporting (best practice, ROI, MBHs )
- Having a hands-on approach in the designated region and support your manager in your region on operational marketing and commercial activity.
- Need to work late at night consistently.
- Extreme Creativity and Ownership Mindset in leading the on-trade team to deliver on KPIs.
The skills and experience needed to create your legacy:
- Preferably MBA with a Degree in Sales & Marketing
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience with a proven track record in sales and E-commerce space
- FMCG experience essential, Spirit’s business knowledge is a plus
- Strong knowledge of local market and culture
- Proficiency in excel, PowerPoint
- The incumbent must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong commercial and analytical skills with proven track record
- Experience of handling P&L accountabilities
- Proficiency in English
- Be self-motivated & have a sense of ownership
- Entrepreneurial and hard worker.
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Organised and well planned
- Able to communicate professionally across different cultures
- Comfortable working with figures, have financial skills and be able to develop strategies from analysis
- Team-working skills are vital.
- Able to multi-task.
Measure of Success:
- Creation of efficient supply chain flow
- Availability of our whole portfolio across markets, across channels.
- Great relationships and partnerships with distributors and key ontrade accounts
- Measurable improvements in Distributor KPIs
- Volume Growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online