KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
- Job Position: Market Program Officer (LOB Management Officers)
- Ref.: 151914BR
- Job Location: Lagos
- Job Level: Associate / Team Member
- The Clients & Markets Unit is at the heart of the firm’s growth strategy. The Unit consists of the Pursuits & Proposals team, Marketing & Communications team, Research & Insights team, Graphic & Design team and the Market Programs team
- The Pursuit & Proposal team consists of Pursuit Business Partners who are ultimately responsible for driving and contributing to the Firm’s growth strategy by partnering with the Business on all business opportunities.
- The role will be to coordinate business development activities of KPMG, and work with research desk to assist with business development information / insight on our clients and targets, markets and competitors.
- Lines of business (LOB) strategy sessions, technical sessions and national accounts meetings.
- Business insights, market and competitor information data gathering
- Coordination of LOB and growth initiative meetings
- Collation of key initiatives, action plans and points generated in meetings
- Dissemination and tracking of key action points
- Compilation and reporting of business opportunities to proposal advisory, market performance, financials and opportunities (EOIs/RFPs) pipeline
- Obtain the financials (YTD revenue/billings) from Accounts. Analyze the information and put in the presentation format.
- Obtain the details of ‘sold jobs’ and proposals sent: client, fees, nature of work, etc from managers. Confirm the information from the partners.
- Notify the presenters and assist in the preparations of the presentation.
- Set up all logistics arrangements for the meeting: seek for the venue to hold the meeting and send out meeting invites to all members of the LOB teams.
National Accounts Meetings:
- Coordinate strategy sessions of all national accounts.
- Work with national accounts managers and partners to ensure all meetings are held.
- Document and circulate action points of all national accounts’ meetings.
Follow-up on Action Points:
- Closely follow-up on action points i.e. monitor the implementation of all LOBs and national accounts action points.
- Extract and compile action points for each member.
- Circulate the information to the person/group of persons responsible for the action point(s).
- Closely monitor the deadline for each action point.
- Inquire from the person(s) how to assist; offer assistance as required.
- Collate the status of action points. Present this at the subsequent LOB/national account meeting.
Client Care Assessment Programme:
Specific action points required include the following:
- Obtain the list of clients for client care assessment programme (CCAP) from the list of top-clients in the previous FY/as may be recommended by the Head, Sales and Marketing.
- Book appointments for the interviews:
- Liaise with KPMG personnel to obtain the details of the contacts for the interview.
- Inform the clients of the interview and confirm the receipts /acceptance of the request.
- Seek for mutually agreeable time (between the Partner and the client) to conduct the interview.
- Follow-up with both parties until the interview is held.
- Prepare documentation for the meeting: client care form, past/current fees from the clients, interviewees’ contacts, KPMG relationships/ personnel that have worked for the clients, etc.
- Follow-up with the Partner to obtain the report of the interview.
- Assist with collation, summary and presentations of the findings of the reports.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in Social Sciences (second class upper division) with 3-5 years working experience in research, strategic planning and/or business development functions.
- Possession of Master’s Degree / professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Functional / Technical Skills:
- Strong analytical, numerate, problem-solving, report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal/oral communications skills
- Technology appreciation, including a working understanding of MS Office Suite especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to gather data, compile and make inferences on the information gathered.
- Good understanding of economic and financial indicators.
- Basic understanding of KPMG’s lines of business.
- Ability to be multi-tasking and determined at meeting deadlines.
- Strong planning, time and workload management, and execution skills.
Behavioural / Management Development Skills:
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Proficient in trend analysis for various sectors
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities/targets
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical Proficiency-use of MS Office tools
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Good organization skills
- Customer service orientation
- Confidence and pragmatism.
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and ability to work in diverse teams
- Training, coaching and mentoring/supervising abilities.
- Diplomacy and tact
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online