Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
Job Position: Market Risk Analyst
Specialization: Risk Analysis
- The Ideal candidate would oversee computation of market risk regulatory capital using Standardized Approach (Basel II/III) and preparation/coordination Basel III regulatory reports.
- Preparation of market risk reports to ALCO, MRC, and BRMC
- Computation of market risk regulatory capital using Standardized Approach (Basel II/III) and preparation/coordination Basel III regulatory reports
- Provide relevant data and participate in the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) of the Bank
- Perform macroeconomic review and formulate economic outlooks for the Bank
- Conduct risk and return analysis on Treasury portfolios and banking book
- Daily review of trading blotters to ensure compliance to internal and regulatory limits/policies
- Preparation of daily Market Risk dashboard
- Liquidity gap, re-pricing gap & net interest income (NII) sensitivity analysis
- Development and validation of internal models for seamless market risk identification, monitoring, management, and reporting.
- Support the implementation and enforcement of market risk policies & procedures in the Bank, while participating in the annual and periodic review of market risk & related policies
- Attend to other tasks as may be assigned by Head, Market Risk or Senior Management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- An excellent academic background (preferably a numerical discipline);
- Minimum of Four (4) years banking experience, part of which must have been spent within a Risk, Market Research, Treasury and Finance function.
- Professional Qualification: Any of FRM, PRM, CFA, ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage (preferably FRM, PRM, or CFA).
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets and products
- Good knowledge and interpretation of financial and balance sheet risks & opportunities
- Proficiency in the use of MS office tools
- Good understanding of economic variables/trends and regulatory/monetary policies
- Market risk management best practices and methodologies
- Understanding of basel II/III accords & practices
- Ability to interpret balance sheet gaps/risks and relate it to various economic perspectives/scenarios with high level of accuracy.
- Strong Communications skills (written and oral) with strong business and customer focus
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- People management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
31st January, 2022
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online