Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
Job Position: Market Risk Manager – VP/AVP
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Market Risk Manager is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business.
- Recognized technical authority for an area within the business.
- Requires basic commercial awareness.
- There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables.
- Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for measuring, monitoring and analyzing the organization’s market risk exposure on a day-to-day and long-term basis for various financial products.
- Market risk pertains to potential loss due to market movements such as changes in interest rates, equity prices, credit spreads and foreign exchange rates.
- Individuals monitor trading limits and are responsible for approving transactions over certain established limits.
- Work with traders or trading management and recommend actions to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the organization’s risk exposure by understanding the risks and rewards of the Citi products. Structures solutions to mitigate risks of those products.
- Working with each trading desk to ensure that all relevant market risk factors are properly identified and formally captured in official risk systems
- Working with senior risk managers in Volcker compliance program
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate autonomous market risk limits framework with applicable limits and triggers
- Autonomously monitor business compliance with the firm’s market risk-related policies
- Assist in credit product and muni product risk reporting and limit monitoring
- Oversee risk exposure measurement and limit monitoring processes to ensure integrity and appropriate independence of reporting
- Participate in the development of business-level stress testing that properly considers risk concentrations by single issuer, risk rating, sector/industry and geography; review results and assess appropriate follow-up actions
- Participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems including CRMR/VaR, CRMR/Issuer risk, LimitCentral/Volcker, LimitCentral/issuer risk
- Small tasks/projects which constitute direct integration with trading businesses and market in general, a fantastic learning opportunity for credit market and products
- Working with senior mentors on well-defined mid to long term projects that require technical skills and strategic planning, enabling development in analytical capacity and critical
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15 years minimum post graduation work experience, 10 years being in banking and 2 years AGM/AVP in at least 3 major areas of banking operations
- Must possess knowledge of system workflows, front-end and management reporting application systems, and knowledge in the utilization of database technology.
- Treasury experience including asset and liability management is a plus. Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to lead a eam. Guide the team members in their daily work and career development.
- Ability to understand and follow the strategic direction charted by the Management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online