GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Job Position: Marketing Activation Manager
- Requisition ID: 288181
- Job Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- Accountable for accelerated share, sales and profit growth for assigned brand portfolios over 3>1 plan.
- Develop growth strategy of the EA/WA CH business for assigned brands through adaptation and adoption of global category and brand strategies.
- Partner with Category & Area marketing teams to deliver winning marketing and innovation plans for respective market (EA or WA) based on actionable commercial, competitor and consumer insight to drive brand share and equity ahead of competition
- Accountable for brand performance tracking for assigned portfolios across markets and recommend remedial action
- Partner with Area Marketing manager and other functional stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Regulatory and GMS) to ensure co-delivery of Winning Formula and commercial goals
- Share best practice across the EWA cluster and with the area team
- Ensure compliance with global category guidelines and local regulatory requirements
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life and consistently activated across all touch points to build long term brand equity.
- Preparing and managing Business Plan, Annual A&P Budget and Communication / Media Plan with P&L responsibility.
- Develop winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in the context of the consumer, expert, trade and competitive set. Output clear local activation calendars to be deployed to attain growth priorities in sales and shares.
- Determining and managing product launches and relaunches, monitoring the brands’ sales performance and market share through the whole year.
- Preparing an annual situational analysis to identify Drivers of Growth or a Pre-Launch Plan and developing a plan to deliver Drivers of Growth/Pre-Launch Plan in line with the Brand Ambition in order to reach sales and value share goals.
- Execute in-market new product launches brilliantly leveraging Area launch models with local adaptation where needed.
- Model GSK values & behaviours and compliance with all GSK codes of practice
- Executing consumer and market researches for in depth consumer understanding; analyzing and evaluating the results and transforming the outcomes into strategies &actions.
- Implementing action plan by tracking brand performance and monitoring market dynamics and competitor activities by reviewing and analyzing IMS, Nielsen Retail Audit, SOV data and Monthly Sales Reviews.
- Leading creative, media,PR and digital agencies through marketing strategies.
- Planning and managing consumer campaigns, promotions and organizing indoor & outdoor activities to increase the market share.
- Preparing and designing of consumer and expert promotional materials, product artworks, advertisements and TV commercials and coordinating and following their production process.
- Developing and updating all digital executions such as website, social media,etc.
- Completing financial forecasts in collaboration with other departments including but not limited to finance, regulatory, demand management & sales.
- Supporting Supply Chain for sales projections and forecast collaboration with the sales team.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with Trade and Shopper Marketing to support the trade activities marketingwise.
- Working closely with Sales Team and conducting market visits and analyzing the necessary improvement priorites and development areas.
- Training, challenging and driving the sales force in the execution of plans via sales force engagement materials and communication updates.
- Supporting national and regional congresses working closely with the expert team
- Working closely with the medical detailing manager and giving support for building relationships with external experts, key stakeholders and developing a plan to communicate and collaborate appropriately.
Problem Solving & Innovation:
- High degree of judgment and analysis will be required in the role, for example:
- Trading off purist/data-led approaches versus being pragmatic to overcome specific in-country issues
- Driving responsiveness of plans based on competitive dynamics as well as P&L requirements.
- The role will interact with a very wide cross-section across seniority and functions in GSK CH (LOC LTs, Area-market teams) across Marketing, Sales, GMS, Regulatory, Legal, Finance
- In addition, the roles will be ambassadors for GSK with external agency leadership and teams.
- The role will actively contribute to the performance of the LOC Marketing Team.
- The role needs to span frequent interactions with Country Commercial leaders, Area Marketing Managers with periodic connections with Category Teams.
- The role holder must influence and motivate LOC activation, expert, regulatory, shopper & channel sales teams to activate plans with excellence.
- University degree
- Formal training in Sales and Marketing.
- Strategic Thinking: Role will directly develop strategic application of BGP coming from category/area and identify local input for fine tuning for application for local market
- Communication Evaluation & Development: Role will use GSK and leading industry practices to evaluate fit-for-use communication approaches, and where required guide development of “glo-cal” Integrated Marketing programs
- Financial Planning & P&L approach: role will optimize investments and profitability of brand X packs X markets to recommend best financial approach across A&P investment, pricing strategies to help deliver the EA/WA level P&L for the category
- Measuring & Tracking: Role will directly identify appropriate projects for measuring and also key criteria for tracking execution of the same as well as delivery against business goals
- Leadership: role will directly interact with General Manager, multiple Category Team stakeholders, Area marketing and sales teams to inspire confidence in strategy and drive aligned delivery
- Ability to Influence: collaborate across shopper / insights / brand / category / expert / regulatory / GMS teams to rollout solutions irrespective of point of origin.
- Lead through adversity: role will require high level of resilience and flexible thinking to respond to challenging external environment that EA/WA presents. In addition, ability to deliver results fast in a changing internal environment where new ways of working need to be established and resistance may be met.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online