Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
Job Position: Sales & Marketing Manager
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The position assists with the soliciting and handling of sales opportunities.
- Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
- Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Achieves personal sales goals.
Core Work Activities
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities:
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include participating on sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Assists with managing and developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management
Managing Sales Activities:
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue:
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Assists in closing the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Degree from an accredited University in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability:
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Devising Sales Strategies and Solutions – Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales strategies that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Sales Ability: Persuasiveness – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
- Sales Call Facilitation – Ensuring that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
- Sales Coaching – Providing timely coaching, guidance, and feedback to help others excel on the job and meet key accountabilities.
- Sales Disposition – Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
- Sales Implementations – Driving and supporting the implementation of sales strategies and systems; seeking and taking appropriate actions on feedback; taking responsibility for implementation success.
- Sales Opportunity Analysis – Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online