Towntalk is a technology company that builds predictive models using expansive data on local contexts to keep people, businesses, and governments ahead of pressing challenges.
Our new mobile application – Area! Is a free to download incident sharing and verification tool to keep people safe. It has advanced journey-planning features for incident-free journeys and a robust database of location-based emergency response contacts.
- Job Position: Marketing Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- Towntalk is seeking a Marketing Officer to manage the company’s marketing operations and campaigns of our growing business.
- The responsibilities of a Marketing Officer include providing support to the Marketing Manager with strategy development and the execution of brand building activities which will positively influence shape, and manage public perception of the brand; will promote the brand’s values and protect its reputation utilizing all relevant media channels.
- She / He will be responsible for ensuring that all marketing activities are successful and meet the objectives set by management. The objective is to ensure that all marketing efforts add value to the business.
- The Officer will lead the development of content for external stakeholders, maintain and leverage media relationships and boost brand visibility by ensuring adequate media presence and coverage.
- She / He will be required to have knowledge of digital (including social) media to actively run campaigns and always-on content on digital channels.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in managing the department’s activities.
- Responsible for the successful execution of approved marketing strategy
- Track and record marketing activities, implement metrics to evaluate their success, and amend marketing measures when necessary.
- Establish and implement advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on various media.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and vendors to boost the effectiveness of marketing strategies and improve the company’s presence
- With the guidance of the Marketing Manager, responsible for the development of content such as press releases, feature pieces, and digital content.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all online channels.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with key journalists, editors, online influencers, blogs, and other influential contacts within the media as appropriate.
- Day-to-Day management of relevant agencies to ensure compliance with terms of engagement/scope of work and successful achievement of marketing objectives.
- With the support of the Digital Agency, development, planning and implementation of digital marketing campaigns, including web, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Search Engine Marketing (SEM), email, social media and display advertising.
- Identify tactical opportunities in the market that tie in with our brand positioning and launch creative campaigns to leverage these tactical opportunities.
- Development of RAG work plans for the flawless execution of weekly tasks and monitoring of timelines to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- Other duties as directed and required by the Company.
Key Performance Indicators
- Growth in awareness and visibility for the brand
- Extent to which brand values, initiatives, and achievements are positively reinforced on external all external platforms.
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on relevant platforms.
- Improved public perception and dialogue on external platforms.
- Timeliness of deliverables.
- B.Sc / BA in Marketing or any subject in the Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities.
- 2 – 3 years’ prior experience as a Marketing Officer or a related role.
- Solid understanding of marketing techniques and principles and ability to implement new and innovative marketing strategies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of social media and web analytics with proven experience executing digital/social media campaigns.
- Exemplary organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong content development skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be tech-savvy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A good understanding of digital analytics would be an advantage.
- Experience in successfully managing a diverse range of stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Independence: Proactive and able to act independently while delivering tasks on time.
- Problem-solving: Critical thinking, Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Team: Work effectively with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If your qualifications, experience, and motivations match the requirements, click the link above to send a Covering Letter and CV.