Pastel Africa is a venture backed, Silicon Valley and Lagos-based startup digitizing small businesses across Africa. Our three co-founders graduated from Stanford University and are building digital tools to address pain points of small businesses across Africa, starting from Nigeria.
There are over 450 million small businesses across Africa, with 40 million in Nigeria alone. Even though small businesses make up the bulk of the continent’s economy, they are extremely underserved, with pain points ranging from manual and inefficient processes to lack of access to capital. Since launching in September 2021, we have built multiple mobile-based apps to help over 120k small businesses manage their bookkeeping, generate invoices and provide receipts. The next step along our journey is to provide financial services to these businesses. Our team believes in product led growth and are dedicated to providing the best platform for small businesses across Africa to manage their day to day activities.
Job Position: Offline Agent / Marketing Representative
Job Location: Lagos
- Our team is big on data driven solutions and customer feedback and research. We are looking for an offline Agent / Marketing Representative to join our marketing team.
- The role requires you to actively take our products directly to users, do market research, share feedback and ensure that our products attain market success.
- This role reports directly to the Offline Marketing Manager.
- You will be a direct link between products and users to help us improve the lives of millions of small business owners and individuals in Nigeria.
- Pastel is looking for an individual with background and skills in Field sales/marketing and passionate about providing solutions to the pain point for small businesses in developing countries.
- Your role will require you to serve as boots on ground for Pastel’s products, it will require you being on the ground in markets and communities, introducing and testing our products with users, onboarding users on our products and gathering feedback on how we can improve our product offerings. If you are excited by the impact you can make at Pastel, we would love to hear from you.
- Visit Markets and Communities daily to create awareness and onboard users on Pastel’s Products based on pre-approved schedules
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field.
- Execute Experiential activities in Markets and Communities to gain trust and develop relationship between Pastel and its target audience (Mostly SMEs and Individuals).
- Provide user feedback and report insights on user’s perception about Pastel’s Product.
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities.
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories offered.
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and Market trends.
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions.
- Must meet up with weekly and monthly deliverables as required by the Offline Marketing Manager.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND
- 3+ years Post NYSC of experience as a Marketing Representative.
- Great knowledge of markets and good relationship with stakeholders.
- Excellent team player
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Good communication and strategic thinking skills
- Must be proactive and good at taking initiatives.
- Must have a sense of ownership.
- Ability to work independently and give timely reports and feedback
- Willingness to go to Markets and communities in Person.
- Experience in Field Sales.
- Experience in Market Activations .
- Experience in Experiential Activations.
- Market Success Stories.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online