The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a worldwide faith of over 16 million members centered on the belief that everyone on earth is a son or daughter of a loving God1 and that His Son, Jesus Christ, saved the world from sin and death. Jesus Christ invites all of God’s children to come unto, follow, and become more like Him.
Job Position: Marketing Specialist
Job Location: Nigeria
- To meet the needs of the Church, we seek to build teams that represent the diverse perspectives, broad life experiences and backgrounds of our global Church membership. With that in mind, we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
- This position is to help engage Church members in discovering their families through family history methods, submit their family names to the temple for saving ordinances, and help bring souls unto Christ.
- This position will also seek to increase brand awareness and product engagement among members of the public.
- The objective of the marketing specialist will be to inspire all people within the Africa West area to connect with their family across generations.
- This requires extensive interaction at the highest levels in these national and international organizations.
- The manager acts as a consultant to records custodians to identify the most beneficial solution for their needs.
Manage all family history marketing efforts in the Africa West area. These efforts include the following:
- Execute the marketing strategy set by the Family History Africa Marketing Team
- Develop and distribute localized digital and print marketing materials.
- Create messaging and identify key channels to reach and engage church members and members of the public.
- Manage FamilySearch Africa social media channels.
- Train local church leaders and individuals with temple and family history callings on FamilySearch products and materials
- Hold and lead the coordination of family history events across the area.
- Implement marketing activities that help us achieve our goal key performance indicators.
- Utilize data and analytics to track, monitor, and improve team performance.
- Serve as a FamilySearch ambassador by teaching and presenting on the brand and our products.
- Interface with church area office departments and other key stakeholders
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with team members distributed across the area.
- Must hold a current and valid temple recommend and/or be worthy of one.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, Journalism, or a related field.
- Has at least 2 years of professional marketing, communications, event management experience, or other marketing tasks.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to focus on detail.
- Able to think strategically and use data/research to inform their work.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, learn quickly, and work under stress with tight deadlines.
- Experience with audiovisual media formats and production is helpful.
- Professional work/volunteer experience across different African countries is preferred.
- Fluency in French (or in multiple languages) is preferred.
- Business Administration
- Marketing Strategies
- Organization Skills
- Public Relations.
22nd November, 2023 (06:00 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Worthiness Qualification: Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
- Posting Notice / More Info: This position is subject to close without notice.