Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
Job Position: Marketo Specialist
Job Location: Lagos (Remote)
- Canonical has provided developers with open source since 2004, helping them build innovations such as public cloud, machine learning, robotics or blockchain. Marketing at Canonical means being at the forefront of technology adoption, for our customers and for our own martech stack. We’re on the look out for a performance marketing manager to join our team and own our paid strategy.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing.
- You will prefer to work in an environment that has emphasis on ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation.
- You will also love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
- The Marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development.
- If these things are important to you and you’re motivated by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you.
- This role sits in the Marketing team reporting to the Growth Engineering Manager.
- Support marketing team members with strategic expertise, setting up and monitoring Marketo campaigns and automations
- Monitor overall Marketo performance and health
- Build on automation and AI to improve lead management
- Develop Canonical’s martech stack to industry leading standard.
- Advanced proficiency with Marketo
- Experience in setting up integrations and automations between CRM systems and other platforms
- Ability to work with at least two of the following languages: Python, JS, SQL, Velocity
- A solid understanding of lead generation data with reporting experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to prioritise and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset – someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risks.
- Engagement with the latest trends in marketing technology.
What we offer you
- Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits below, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online