Swift Consulting – Our client, a dynamic organization specializing in the electrical engineering industry, is seeking highly motivated and result-driven candidates to fill the position of material and procurement coordinator.
Job Position: Material and Procurement Coordinator
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Liaise with parties responsible for material inspection to ensure prompt inspection of all materials to avoid delays to project execution
- Develop a tracker for all essential materials and equipment
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian content requirements in the procurement of all materials to be used on projects
- Execute local (overseas as required) purchasing such as sourcing and issuing purchase orders
- Assist in sourcing suppliers, perform price negotiations, and process supplier invoices
- Update project folders with all notes, technical documents, and quotes as appropriate
- Use specialized knowledge to determine that the facility has the machinery, components, and supplies needed to efficiently and safely operate.
- Review any engineering changes that affect material or supplier, to adjust stocks accordingly.
- Choose the appropriate suppliers to purchase from
- Do extensive industry research, meet with salespeople, and compare their products and prices.
- Negotiate sales agreements to purchase the required products.
- Award contracts to the vendors, and continue to administer these contracts throughout the relationship; with the approval
- Manage supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness
- Periodically review suppliers, and launch improvement programs where required
- Think of ways to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing & Supply/Marketing/Business Administration (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the procurement/ Electrical Engineering field
- Report writing, purchase orders and creating templates for procurement documents
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities
15th January, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “MATERIAL AND PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR” as the subject of the email.