Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanic
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and mechanical equipment to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use. This includes the following tasks :
- Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of services to all vehicles are done on time (i.e. mini A, medium B and full C, and special services referred in logbook when possible).
- Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
- Keeping record of vehicle’s driver remarks, and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle log book. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
- Assisting in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers in the cars, mechanic workshop and generator location/s, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Support in the evaluation of external workshops for eventual sub-contracting as well as light and heavy vehicle renting.
- He may be asked by his line manager to assist in the recruitment of new drivers (technical test) and their briefing and training regarding vehicle services and maintenance.
- Fill in the “Tufioul” on monthly basis and report all the data and analysis to his line manager and the Country Mechanic Specialist.
- Update the MEMO equipment; status, Maintenances, Tufioul, etc
- In collaboration with the Head of Drivers, plan the weekly checks for the vehicle and ensure the drivers do them correctly.
- Provide a monthly report with the progression of his activities, the difficulties encountered and the plan of action for the coming month.
- In collaboration with the drivers ensure adequate fuelling is done for the vehicles
- Carry out weekly checks for all functioning generators according to the guide provided in the ‘weekly check’ form, and carry out checks at least once in a month for the generators/moto pumps in stock.
- Carry out routine checks on the fuel supply setup for the generators across the project, to ensure adequate, consistent flow and delivery of fuel to the generator systems as required for the optimal functioning of the generators.
- Check weekly the fuel level of the external fuel supply tanks of the generator to ensure the fuel is at the good level and enough to run the generator consistently as required for the functioning of the facilities.
- Check, at least once in a month, the non-return valves in the fuel tanks and clean when required, to ensure there are no clogs by dirt, impurities or foreign bodies.
- Plan and carryout quarterly washing & and cleaning of diesel tanks in all locations
- Education: Essential Diploma in Mechanics or related studies.
- Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years’ experience).
- Languages: English language and local language as added advantage
- Knowledge: Essential driving license for vehicles.
- Computer Literacy: Good command of Word, Excel
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioral Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2
Monthly Gross salary of N280,592 monthly (Two hundred and Eighty thousand, Five hundred and Ninety-Two Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
7th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the “MSF HR Manager” via: email@example.com using “Mechanic Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the closing date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.