JMG is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 20 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the African market’s development needs.
Job Position: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos
- Responsible for mechanical maintenance, repair, and installation of production line plant and equipment involved in the production of the Company’s products.
- Ensure mechanical operations, standards, and controls are maintained at high quality.
- Maintain and repair factory machines, equipment, fabrication machines, and tools to ensure minimum downtime to production.
- Read blueprints and related technical literature as required. Fabricate jobs from blueprints and sketches.
- Fault finding and diagnosing problems with the production line plant.
- Work with Production Engineers to install new and replacement plants and equipment.
- Record maintenance activities carried out in the plant and equipment.
- Ensure all factory machines are working at optimum operating condition.
- Ensure all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with safety and quality procedures, risk assessment, and safe systems of work.
- Identify and maintain critical spare inventory levels and coordinate accordingly with stores.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe acts, condition,s or procedures in the workplace, participating in fire or emergency drills at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary, and adhering to Company policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications in Mechanical Maintenance, Industrial Maintenance, BE. Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or equivalent is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of proven work experience in general factory mechanical machinery, plant & equipment.
- General factory mechanical machinery, plant & equipment experience.
- Experience in maintaining & servicing rotational machines.
- Familiar with and able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems.
- Have an understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- Able to manage a varied workload and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Maintain a flexible attitude and able to demonstrate initiative and confidence.
- Highly enthusiastic.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly attentive to details
- Strong dexterity
- Basic computer skills MS. Office
- Strong cooperation and coordination skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.