The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Job Position: Mechanical Technician
Job Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to the installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments, and structures used within the plant.
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and service facilities, machinery, and equipment and perform or make recommendations regarding maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance checks and servicing on equipment by implementing maintenance schedules.
- Perform corrective mechanical maintenance by troubleshooting the cause of malfunctions using visual inspection and precision measuring and testing instruments and replacing or repairing broken parts.
- Rebuild equipment as needed; disassemble and clean items; order replacement parts and repair mechanical malfunctions; reassemble and test items.
- Work with engineers as needed in order to complete assignments; provide input as requested regarding the design, installation, and maintenance of systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; provide input and recommend changes on design blueprints as requested.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools used in the performance of assigned duties.
- Prepare reports, forms, correspondence, and related documentation regarding assigned operations in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to safety orders and comply with established regulations in all aspects of work.
Education and Work Experience
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Trade Test in mechanical related trade.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of methods and techniques for implementing a preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online