SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
Job Position: Mechanical Technician – M/F
Job Location: Nigeria (AKPO FPSO)
- Rolls Royce RB211 Gas Generators, Gas compressors, Hydraulic systems, Diesel Engines, Broad spectrum of pumps experience (all types), Air compression and General Utilities equipments.
Context and Missions:
- Rotation Status.
- Position Offshore on the FPSO
- Respect and apply QHSSE rules and procedures
- Be able to follow maintenance route and fill up associated check-up list (monitoring of rotating equipment). Be able to carry out lubrication routine and top up as required with the correct lubricant.
- Be able to prepare and install any type of flange gasket. Complete bolting following methodology.
- Be able to align V-belt, pulley and tension belts following methodology.
- For common types of valves be able to overhaul them and carry out minor adjustments while in service (tightening of gland packing).
- For gear box, be able to align gears, inspect & identify faults.
- For rotating equipment, be able to assist in diagnosis faults and failures, assist in alignment (prepare, cut shim material for alignment, level…). Be able to assist in the removal and replacement of any type of bearing. Check the clearance.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND / HNC (A-levels + 3 years study) or BTS / DUT or equivalent.
- 3 to 6 years experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online