Myrtle Management Consultants – Our client in the Broadcast Media Industry urgently requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Media-Tech Role
- Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The candidate will adequately supervise the Information Technology Department of the organization.
- She / He shall be responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and networks in such a way that the role contributes positively to and impacts the company’s digital growth
- The candidate shall ensure that hardware and software maintenance is carried out, and must have the ability to make recommendations about future planning and development of resources
- Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum implementation of technology services and resources at the organization.
- Planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure.
- Implements network security for the Company
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure, and directs supporting staff.
- Oversees the administration of the company’s WAN.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Works seamlessly with the Purchasing Department for the acquisition of all software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Work with other departments in the company to facilitate timely execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), coordinating with the business users/business analyst/developers as required
- Ensure increased customer satisfaction, code reliability and developer productivity across software products while reducing development and maintenance cost
- Engage with business heads to assist the various departments with achieving their goals through the innovative application of technology.
- Develop IT strategies in partnership with business units.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as the main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the company.
- Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or in the Physical Sciences but with experience in software and hardware maintenance;
- Minimum of 3-5 years practical experience in software and hardware maintenance with proven success in the newspaper industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have knowledge of Computer hardware, software systems programming, computer networking, network administration, network installation, computer troubleshooting, Computer viruses and security, e-mail, and internet programs.
- Must have an understanding of the Nigerian/African IT environment and its implications on the group’s business.
- Must have management and supervisory skills
- Team-building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in monitoring website development programs
15th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.