Lily Hospital Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and also accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate.
We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
Job Position: Medical Laboratory Intern
Job Location: Warri, Delta
- The role is responsible for learning the use of a wide range of analytical techniques for example, measurement of enzyme activities, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, the separation of molecules based on physical characteristics and immunoassays to determine the concentration of chemical constituents in a patient blood, urine and other bodily fluids.
The key result areas of this role are:
- Work with medical laboratory scientist to perform a wide range of laboratory tests to produce and interpret results in order to assist clinicians in their diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and preparing various kinds of specimen including blood sample for analysis.
- Work with medical laboratory scientist to Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- Work with medical Laboratory scientist to Calibrate and Maintaining standard laboratory equipment, for example spectrophotometers, immune-analyzers, centrifuges, and pipetting machines
- Work with medical laboratory scientist to Identifying the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Work with medical laboratory scientist to analyze blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques.
- Assist in prescribing specific types of treatment for individual patients.
- Produce quantitative data in the form of reports pertaining to tests done and provide key information to other clinicians about patient’s condition.
- Work with medical laboratory scientist to select appropriate techniques for different types of chemical pathology analysis.
- Assist in ensuring that the necessary turnaround time for reporting results is achieved.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Must be licensed to practice under the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
5th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and relevant Documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.