Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and also accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate. We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics
Job Position: Medical Officer
Job Locations: Warri, Delta and Edo
- This role is responsible for diagnosing, treating and providing preventive health care services to patients in the general population. The job holder may refer patients to specialists when they need further diagnosis or treatment.
The key result areas of this role are:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Provide medical support to midwives in the delivery of babies.
- Execute minor surgical procedures on patients to remove, repair, or improve functioning of diseased or injured body parts and systems.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention or treatment of injury or illness.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Family Medicine.
- Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics;
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position.
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including planning and draft budgeting for activities in the hospital.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedure in reference to clinical practice.
- Candidates should possess an MBBS qualification with 1-3 years experience.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association.
- Knowledge of general medicine, family care and other specialist areas of medical practice such as Pediatrics & Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self discipline and excellent long term concentration.
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.