Evans Industries is a manufacturing company, established over 20 years ago. Our purpose is to develop high quality home and personal care products at an affordable price. We are an ISO 90001 – 2015 certified company, therefore, all our operations comply with international standards. In admiration of the high quality products, Evans Industries products have become a household name and can be found across the country.
Job Position: Microbiologist
Job Location: Lagos
- Sampling for microanalysis and collecting samples from a variety of locations – Raw Material, Packaging Material, Finished Goods, equipment & personnel (swabbing), and environment (exposed plates)
- Preparation and standardization of stock media and laboratory solutions
- Isolate and grow microbe cultures or other organisms in a media, controlling moisture and cross-contamination.
- Perform tests on water to determine the suitability of use in production and to detect the presence of harmful microorganism.
- Escalate failed microanalysis results to the QC Manager and Factory Manager in a timely manner
- Performs routine decontamination and sanitization processes in the micro lab and manufacturing plants.
- Investigate and obtain information about sources of contamination and gives recommendation on how to correct them.
- Recommends and helps implement high health, GMP, and safety standards in the lab and manufacturing plants.
- Manage and develop SOPs for the micro lab processes.
- Proper documentation, recording, analyzing, and interpreting data. Ensuring that data is recorded accurately in accordance with SOPs.
- Consistent validation of microbiological methods to align with international standards.
- Performs tasks of QC Analysis from time to time such as sampling and analysis of raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods: Physiochemical analysis, Instrumental analysis, Visual analysis, Sensory analysis.
- Routine calibration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree
- With minimum of 6 years relevant working experience in the laboratory of a manufacturing company and have hands-on experience in microanalysis.
- Experienced with aseptic processing, soap/personal care/pharmaceutical production, environmental monitoring, and/or GMP processes is preferred.
- Work experience in an ISO 9001:2015 certified company is an advantage.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires urgency, teamwork, and full attention during busy peak periods
- Possess good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
15th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.