Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Job Title: Mining Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
We are looking for a Mining Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring that mines operations are optimized and established targets are achieved through the activities of respective mines shiftwork teams.
- Supervise both personnel and equipment at different position as per instruction to achieve production target with consistent set chemistry target to ensure operational efficiency, data accuracy and reporting timeliness.
- Manage mines operations shift teams to ensure effective and efficient execution of mining activities.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and that a safe work environment is maintained.
- Follow up with the driller to increase the drilling performance.
- Monitor the running equipment to avoid idle running of equipment and ensure smooth loading faces and haulage roads
- Ensure proper cleaning of blasting faces and free of boulders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Shift Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of cement production process
- Very good knowledge of mining and processing operations.
- Ability to make sound operating and mechanical decisions.
- Very good leadership skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good relationship management skills.
1st June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.