Menzon Limited – Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Mining Manager
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Our client is in need of the services of a Mining Manager to effectively oversee its mining interests and production operations in active mining sites and deliver the corporate objectives.
- Coordinate all operations at the mining site, including coordinating workers, purchasing supplies and maintaining equipment.
- Plan production activities to meet established targets, optimise operations and drive cost reduction.
- Prepare production and operating budgets and report performance.
- Ensure provision of necessary resources for smooth mining operations, including to effectively manage resources.
- Ensure appropriateness of methods and technologies used to extract minerals.
- Identify (and take appropriate action to prevent or overcome) operational, technical and safety issues, while continuously seeking improvement.
- Contribute to business strategy to improve company’s competitiveness, profitability and growth.
- Propose and oversee the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment to expand capacity or improve operations.
- Take appropriate steps to safeguard all company asset on the mining site.
- Coordinate the implementation of occupational health and safety standards in order maintain a positive safety and environment culture on the site.
- Coordinate the selection, training and performance of staff.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and statutory requirements affecting mineral extraction operations and the environment, and ensure strict compliance.
- Monitor the environmental impact of mining operations and take steps to mitigate any negative impact.
- Ensure cordial relationship between the company and host community to avoid interruption of production activities.
- Review and prepare sundry reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision making always regarding company’s resources.
- Implement and ensure adherence to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your services.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mining Engineering, Geology or a related field. (Master’s Degree preferable).
- Minimum of 15 years proven and demonstrable experience in core mining operations at least 5 of which must have involved management of onsite mining operations.
- Possession of relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Broad technical knowledge of mining operations, processes, and relevant legislation.
- Mine planning and analysis skills
- Project management skills (possession of Prince2/PMP certification is an added advantage)
- Good financial management skills, business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Ability to create synergy, manage diversity and promote a high-performance culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to ethical standards and high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Fluent English and ability to communicate effectively across different levels.
- Effective leadership and excellent people management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and organisational skill, including keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in use of relevant computer software and proficiency with digital skills.
23rd November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.