Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less.
Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
Job Position: Mobile Plant Operator
Job Location: Mfamosing, Cross River
- The Mobile Plant operator is responsible for operating, loading, hauling, monitoring and dumping all Mobile Equipments used for all mining operations.
- Responsible for operating Mobile Equipment as a multi-skill or a unitary operator
- Carry out Pre start Work-by inspection of mobile Equipment before Operating
- Work With Supervisors at closing all Gaps with respect to the Quarry Operations
- Adhere to all LAP Safety Health, safety and environmental standards.
- Work With the Quarry team as a unit, and ensuring that he aligns with the global direction of leadership, as per the tasks Prescribed to be done.
- Attend all scheduled meetings for which he is invited.
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required .
- Safety compliance.
- % reduction of repetitive failures
- Equipment ownership.
- Compliance with Integrated Management System best practice
Education / Qualification:
- Minumim of S.S.C.E / O’Levels with 5 credits including Maths and English.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
Knowledge & Skills:
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Health and Safety awareness, Inspection and understanding of machine.
- Fully understand the machine operation parameters (speed, pressures and temperatures), can monitors dials and indicators and do relevant adjustment and drilling systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skill.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Tact and tolerant.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines.
- Resilient and Motivated.
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams.
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team.
- Professional Proficiency in English Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online