MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Tax
Location: Golden Plaza, Lagos
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: Financial Reporting / Tax, Insurance
Core Purpose of the Job
- To coordinate and report on all tax accounting, compliance, planning, advisory and risk management functions in MTN Nigeria.
- This will entail internal and external stakeholder engagements with a view to achieving the MTNN’s corporate objective of being a responsible corporate entity and maximizing shareholders’ returns.
- Proactively manage and engage relevant tax authorities.
- Gather new tax legislation/rules and assess impact of proposed and actual changes in tax law on the company.
- Identify and manage tax risks across MTN Nigeria and provide guidance to the Board and MTN Group on potential up or downside. (Tax risk facilitator per Group nomenclature)
- Define and implement MTNN’s tax strategy.
- Represent MTNN before various tax bodies for audits, advocacy, escalations, etc. and ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Liaising with the MTN Group Tax for all tax planning and efficiencies that can be brought to the MTN Nigeria business.
- Ensure compliance with new and old tax laws and accounting standards as they relate to all tax areas.
- Provide advisory services and liaise with relevant divisions on tax compliance and accounting matters.
- Negotiate tax agreements within acceptable company guidelines.
- Resolving tax queries with relevant authorities.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- B.A, B.Ed, B.Sc or Other.
Experience & Training:
- 9 – 17 years’ work experience in tax administration including;
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in a public limited liability entity
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in tax.
- Telecoms industry experience will be an advantage.
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online