World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries, and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Position: National Consultant to Support PMTCT / Pediatrics HIV Programming (SSA / NOB)
Job ID.: 2206685
Job Location: Abuja
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 5 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Under the direct supervision of the HIV, Tuberculosis, and Viral Hepatitis Technical Officer, provide technical assistance to the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCP) to effectively carry out the following specific responsibilities:
- Support the National PMTCT and Pediatrics TWG and to ensure its functionality.
- Support the development of policy guidance and/or strategic plan for PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV
- Support the development of PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV guidelines and service delivery tools in line with WHO guidelines and recommendations;
- Support capacity building of key and relevant stakeholders on PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV;
- Support the conduct of operational research and feasibility studies on PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV;
- Support resource mobilization for PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV (GF proposal and other donors);
- Represent the organization on technical working groups and issues related to PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV;
- Support the collection and timely complete reporting of data on PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV and manage collation, approval, and dissemination of program data for the country;
- Proactively contribute and provide support including preparing reports, talking points, and briefs on PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV;
- Perform any other assigned duties to support PMTCT and Pediatrics HIV programming and its related activities.
- University Degree in Medicine, Epidemiology, or Public Health from an accredited institution.
- Advanced Degree in Medicine and postgraduate qualifications in Epidemiology or Public Health from an accredited institution.
- 2 or more years experience in PMTCT and or Pediatrics HIV programming at the national or state level
- At least 5 years experience in HIV programming at the national or state level
- At least 2 years of experience in program management which includes in coordination, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting to external donors at national and/or international levels.
- Previous experience working or collaborating with Government, UN agencies or multinationals.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and facilitate community engagement
- Demonstrated capacity to implement grants and comply with internal and external requirements
- Promotes WHO’s position in health leadership
- Communicates in a credible and effective way
- Fosters integration and teamwork
- Produces results
- Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences.
Use of Language Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (MS Office applications).
20th July 2022 (10:59:00 PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online