The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in partnership with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) of the United Nations is desirous of using part of the Credit to engage the services of individuals for the FGN / IFAD-VCDP (VCDP AF1) for the management and implementation of the programme in the nine (9) participating states of Anambra, Benue, Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogj, Nassrawa, Taraba, Niger and Ogun.
Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN / IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (YCDP AF1) within the capacity below:
- Job Position: National Program Coordinator
- Job Location: Abuja
- Report: Directly to Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU), FMARD and IFAI) Country Office, Abuja
Details of the Contract
- The NPC position is a Contract Appointment for a period of Two (2) years in the first instance, renewal subject to satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD.
- The National Programme Coordinator (NPC) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Agricultural Value Chain Development Programme.
- The National Programme Coordinator (NP( will be responsible for overall coordination, management and implementation of FGN/IFAD-VCDP in nine (9) participating states.
- A key element of the position will be to ensure that the programme achieves its development objectives and outcomes.
- The NPC will report directly to the Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU) of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
- Day to day technical and administrative leadership and coordination support to the programme
- Head the Secretariat of the National Steering Committee (NSC)
- Promote team work of specialists and other programme staff at the states and national office for effective progranune implementation.
- Coordinate and supervise programme implementation by the participating states
- Convene management meeting at NPMU as well as quarterly technical review involving SPMUs
- Manage and motivate programme staff to ensure discipline and enhanced programme performance
- Coordinate preparation of Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB) and submit same to the National Steering Committee (NBC) and the IFAD Country Office for approval through the Director, Projects Coordination Unit (PCU).
- Ensure timely delivery of quality reports (AWPB, semi-annual reports, financial statements, audit reports to FMARD through PCU and IFAD Country Office,
- Coordinate supervision mission and ensure the implementation of mission’s recommendations.
- Select and engage Service Providers where necessary and formulate ToRs and scope of work for the service providers, supervise, monitor and certify the work of the service providers for various activities and assignments.
- Undertake any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU) and IFAD Country Office, Abuja.
- Master’s degree in any of the following discipline: Agriculture and related fields, Social and Management Sciences
- A minimum of 15 years post qualification working experience out of which at least five (5) years must be at senior management level in public/private sectors
- Meat have working knowledge of Donor Funded projects.
- Good writing skills and Computer literacy
- Good Communication and Team building skills
12Noon; 4th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Officers under FGN / IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should indude a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for. The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aininu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.