Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
- Job Position: Network Engineer
- Req ID: 495463
- Job Location: Lagos
- We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for the design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM, and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
- The role focuses on executing design, audit, and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance, and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes, and guidelines within the customer organization or internally
- Provide technical support in customer discussion, presentation, and workshop
- 2G, 3G, and LTE parameter consistency checks tuning, and optimization to improve throughput, Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility, etc.
- Handling customer complaints and provide solutions with proper explanation reports.
- Whole Network parameter audit and to provide a recommendation to sort-out inconsistencies
- Necessary feature implementation and recommend parameters settings to better data services
- Participation in the development of service portfolio
- Engagement with CTO level at customer end to present project updates, strategic direction, risks, and recommendations for Network improvement programs
- Act as a leader and mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues
- Engagement with sales and accounts teams to Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process to contribute to increased sales volumes
- Engagement with Managed Services teams to plan and coordinate common activities and develop synergies leading towards common goals.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in RF Design, Initial Tuning & Optimization
- 2 years proven expertise on Tuning for in mature Network
- Knowledge and experience with data collection tools, e.g. TEMs Investigation 13.0
- Statistical and Performance Analysis (Business Object, ENIQ, M2000, NETACT, FACTS, ITK)
- Command Handling, Traffic Observation, and Alarms Management (WINFIOL, CME, MOSHELL, M2000)
- Network Planning and Performance analysis (MAPINFO, MCOM, NEXPLORER)
- Good Knowledge on the ERICSSON/NOKIA/HUAWEI RAN Portfolio.
Skills / Qualification:
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to interact with customer and identify area of improvement
- Result oriented with a focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
- End-user / customer problem investigation and give quick remedies and solutions
- RF Related Small Tools and Macros (Exert, Google Earth, PIANO, MAPSOURCE etc.).
- Self-motivated. Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online