The Eye Doctor’s began operations in 2004 but opened its doors to our first client on the 15th of February 2005, between then and December 2018 we have seen about 35,000 patients/clients. Our vision is to provide ophthalmic and optical services of the highest international standard.
We offer comprehensive eye care services and are proud to say we are the eye clinic of choice for several multinational and local companies and organizations. A sizeable amount of our referrals were generated by our existing clients, which is a testament to their level of satisfaction. We provide ophthalmic medical, surgical, optical as well as community eye care services.
We pride ourselves on delivering comprehensive eye care at standards obtainable at the best clinics and hospitals worldwide. We are a team of ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians dedicated and courteous front office and administrative staff. Presently, we have a network of clinics in strategic locations in Lagos: Victoria Island, Gbagada, Yaba and Lekki.
Job Position: Ophthalmic Nurse
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Ophthalmic Nurse works directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist with Ophthalmology procedures and clinical, administer medications, prepare and assist with surgeries and educate patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status following an approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Keep commitments and keep the direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Protects confidentiality of patient’s Personal Health Information
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor following Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- 2-3 years of nursing experience required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Candidates with relevant experience and qualifications in Post-Basic Ophthalmic Nursing
- Demonstrates leadership activities works under stressful situations and possesses well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership is a professional nursing organization desired
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
- Patient-focused approach
- Good counselling and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
24th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.