Camilla Brook Place School (Creche, Preschool, and Primary) is a contemporary educational facility dedicated to the early years of childhood education.
- Job Position: Upper Nursery Teacher, Year 1 & 2 Teacher
- Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Providing care and support to children in a safe, secure, loving, and comfortable environment to learn.
- Planning learning opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g. individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Motivating and stimulating the children’s learning abilities by encouraging learning through experience.
- Researching and understanding each child’s development stage and learning ability to help you in the planning of an individualized lesson plan.
- Researching and introducing new, innovative, and creative teaching methods and learning activities.
- Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of the individual child with an awareness of their interests, special talents/needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge.
- Working with others, including caregivers to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Facilitate the learning of letter sounds using Jolly Phonics.
- Good knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Observation of each child is key – record observation using post-it notes, observation boards and observation folders.
- Link each observation to a child’s developmental stage (age-based) to monitor progress.
- Submit a quarterly/end-of-season report for each child in your group.
- Set up learning centers indoors and outdoors.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the school.
- NCE / HND / B.Sc / B.Ed qualification with minimum 2 years experience working in a school setting with children within the age range 0 – 8 years.
- Minimum of 1 out of 3 years experience with the EYFS and / Common Core Curriculum.
- Ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers, and colleagues.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manage classes well and deal with challenging behavior.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and a good sense of humor.
- Love being with children.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Innovative and prepared to take risks.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Ready to learn.
- Any field of study but willing to be a registered teacher within a year of employment.
31st March 2021.