Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
Job Position: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Key Job Responsibilities
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening-based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs;
- Conduct an ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination, etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to deliver uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, and informing line managers on regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager in organizing LGA-based coordination meetings;
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting ACF-supported health facilities are properly examined and treated according to national health and nutritional protocols and standards;
- Identify gaps for WASH in health facilities and inform the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager on a regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition and Health Assistants in the selection of porridge mum beneficiaries and care groups;
- Regularly follow up with the teams on the progress of activities, and challenges and guide on necessary actions;
- Ensure that Nutrition and Health Assistants are using a standard monitoring checklist during visits to health facilities;
- Maintain and update the database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, training and share with line manager;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, and issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making;
- Collect consumption reports from health facilities, compile for LGA and share with line manager with needs for the upcoming month.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Primary Health Care Program;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
Starting Basic Salary
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits).
Other benefits include but are not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
1st July 2022.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online