The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Job Location: Akwa Ibom
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The Office Assistant will manage the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the state office.
- S/he will coordinate the MSH logistics support services provided to all technical program areas, and provide logistical support to all MSH projects in state by working with USAID and the GON to retrieve shipments from customs.
- Maintaining inventory (supplies, items, equipment) and the required inventory records.
- Stocks, stores and warehouse management.
- Assets coding and inventory reporting.
- Safeguarding of assets/supplies.
- Assist with the Internal and external audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation on vehicles/logistics records.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver.
- Capacity building of team members.
- File incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- With direction from the PMI-S IT associate, assist in performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals on a monthly basis (monthly report of the work done submitted to the Field Finance and Operations Manager).
- Prepare the Projector and other presentation materials for quality presentations.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Travel to site offices whenever there is a need to, and resolve issues independently as much as can be achieved.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time to various state offices.
- Ensure that systems are in place in-country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- High school Degree. University Degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of related experience.
- Experience with International organizations in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to complete routine tasks and activities on the basis of established practices and instructions.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Listening, Professionalism
- Customer Focus, Organization
- Informing Others
- Handles Pressure.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to travel if required.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) offers competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Thursday; 5th January, 2023 (Midnight W.A.T).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.