PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We uniquely combine our mission – to build Africa’s future energy system, while improving lives through smarter power – with technical, on-the-ground expertise and an innovative business model. We build, own, and operate AC micro-grids and C&I solar projects to bring power to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. With over 120 employees, a 7,500 sq. ft. workshop, and headquarters in Nairobi, offices in Tanzania, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, PowerGen is building a company that is set to have an impact on the energy sector in Africa for years to come.
- Job Position: Operations & Maintenance Cluster Supervisor
- Job Location: Maroko, Lagos, Nigeria
As a Cluster Supervisor, you will assist the PowerGen Nigeria Operations and Maintenance Team and focus on supporting our customers who use electricity from our micro-grids in Niger State each day, overseeing the activities of the Local Technicians in your assigned locale, ensuring assets are adequately monitored, incidents are handled promptly and data required for improved business decisions are gathered. You will report to the Operations and Maintenance Lead.
- Operations & Maintenance Work Planning, Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Issue Resolution
- Asset Monitoring & Reporting
- Schedule reactive and routine maintenance trips in line with the allocated budget.
- Attend to routine, reactive and corrective maintenance (including overhead reticulation jobs) trips on a need’s basis.
- Conduct regular syncs with the Customer Engagement Team on the performance of allocated clusters.
- Track Operations and Maintenance costs in the allocated clusters.
- Oversight of the regional and local (cluster) technicians.
- Day-to-day site monitoring and technical ticketing management for the allocated clusters.
- 7. Escalation of critical issues to third parties.
- 8. Checking for HSE compliance, in line with the company’s HSE framework, for the allocated clusters.
- 9. Checking for compliance with the set Operations and Maintenance framework
- 10. Reviewing the technical performance of sites
- 11. Creating Standard Operating Procedures, templates, and processes for the smooth operation of the team within the allocated cluster.
- 12. Supervise third-party Operations and Maintenance activities on a need basis.
- 13. Coordinate site commissioning process with other teams.
What Excites You:
- The intense attention to detail and managing multiple and varied works streams at the same time
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm
You already have:
- University degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- At least 3 years work experience
- NEMSA Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and standard design/construction practices
- Knowledge of O&M of HT equipment & transmission line
- Readiness for field visits and travels
- Ability to work on-call during off-shift hours
- Ability to innovate and solve problems
- Experience and proven ability to collaborate across teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and any Nigerian local language
- Enthusiasm in working in the field of renewable energy!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online