British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Job Position: Packing Technician
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Individual is responsible to own and drive root cause analysis within a team of Equipment Owners/Operating teams for an Operating Line, Lines, or Operation.
- The Technician II by his role supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He is responsible, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner at ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed.
- 95% of an individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. The individual is a member of the Operating (Autonomous) Team.
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution
- Serve as a technical operator and additional resource to operate and fix both operational and technical issues on responsible line(s) to meet shift PQCDSM results
- As a member of the Operating AM team, drives and executes all AM-related activities and actions within Shift. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support Operating teams through the IWS Phase Journey
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing)
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Key driver for analysing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks
- Performs weekly & monthly CILs
- Maintains and updates all standards in Equipment (i.e. CIL, OPLs, lube map, safety map, centrelines, defect list, etc.
- Ensures CIL is updated when there are learnings (i.e. breakdowns, process failures, etc.)
- Ensures that the CIL is driving the elimination of unplanned breakdowns
- Tracks CIL time daily and continues to drive down time by creating kaizens to address remaining HTRs and SOCs
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix, and continues to follow up until defect is repaired
- Runs equipment at the centreline and can explain deviations
- Understands the link between Process Control Strategy (PCS) and CLs & CILs
- Understand, follow, and ensure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements. Eliminate the Root Cause of any outages
- Shift rotation with off-shift and weekend support is subject to prevalent shift patterns and as dictated by business requirements; this could include call-in support in extreme cases.
- The role holder will require expert knowledge of cigarette packing machinery with at least 5 years of “hands-on” experience in running these machines in a production environment, thereby gaining technical mastery of equipment and can develop it in others
- An Academic Qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering / Manufacturing / Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade) or National Diploma (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics) from a recognised institution
- Strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, and troubleshooting techniques in both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong technical skills.
- In addition, a good understanding of mechanical processes, both hands-on and theory will be required.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online