British American Tabacco Nigeria (BATN) is a global tobacco and Next Generation Products company. An ambitious, diverse, global business with more than 115 years of innovation behind us and an incredibly exciting future ahead.
You will be taking your place in a resilient, agile organisation that’s harnessing the best of science, innovation and technology. And offering tens of millions of consumers around the world more choices through an increasingly diverse portfolio that includes new category products.
Most important, you will be part of the talent at the core of our business, delivering the results which drive its success. It’s about shaping our future with us. Working in an atmosphere that encourages you to question the status quo. To search for alternative approaches. To develop your skills and expertise to their full potential.
- Job Position: Payroll Coordinator
- Job Number: 35524
- Job Location: Lagos
- This role is part of Payroll Human Resource Sub function.
- The role is responsible for the management and administration of Payroll, employee information and systems, in line with the area and regional strategy, assisting the Head of Payroll with the implementation of systems and procedures aimed at ensuring efficiency in the organisation and providing support to the specialist, HR Managers and other functions for effective delivery of HR services and initiatives.
- Reports to: Head of Payroll
- Geographic Scope: West and Central African Markets
- Process monthly payroll inputs for the different West and Central Africa Countries and liaising with the Payroll consultant to run the payroll.
- Timely payment of employee’s monthly salary including the reconciliation of the following reports: Personnel Change report Bank payment authority report, in respect of about 100 employees for the different countries respectively: Cameroon, Ghana, Gabon, Mali, Ivory Coast, Niger Republic, Benin Republic and Burkina Faso
- Preparation of the company Specific Social Security for Cameroon, Gabon, and Benin
- Liaise with the payroll consultant with regards the computation of exit benefits for voluntary and involuntary terminations and OTIF payment of the entitlements.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of Payroll and Benefits Administration (bank details, gratuity and pension update, unpaid absence, recurring and additional payments, etc.) and monthly Payroll approver engagement.
- Monitor and report on compliance to the Human Resource records management framework in line with departmental/ Company objectives
- Documentation of HR processes, procedures, forms, and systems
- Undertake special and ad hoc Human Resource projects in line with departmental / company objectives
- Provide back up support for team as provided in the work distribution schedule.
- Process the salary payment charges for all the payroll vendors.
- Process monthly Nigeria payroll benefit inputs through the SAP Payroll System
- Establish and maintain effective and productive relationships with all functional HR teams, Finance, Legal and External Affairs and other relevant functions.
- Ensures that an excellent standard of service is provided by the Payroll Team to all Functional Units / Teams.
- Ensure all Payroll queries are resolved satisfactorily within stipulated deadlines.
- Actively engage with Functional HR Teams to ensure that they are satisfied with service provided.
- Internal auditors for the audit of employee information/payroll processes
- External service providers: Government agencies, Pension Fund Administrators etc
- Co-ordinate the employees’ non-monetary recognitions and Long service awards
- Ensure gift vouchers are readily available for distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Arts
- 2 – 3 years tactical experience in Payroll function in Human Resources
- Sound understanding of local legislation in Francophone markets in West and Central Africa region
- Basic French knowledge
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Strong data, analytical and numeracy skills
- High level of initiative, confidentiality & dedication
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Sufficient IT knowledge/skills to generate, operate and run reports.
- SAP Payroll knowledge would be an added advantage
- A high level of decision making, objectivity, creativity & Integrity.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly when required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online