NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
Job Position: Director, People
Job Location: Oyo
- Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination.
- We work at massive scale. We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints.
- We are responsible for our human capital, including but not limited to all aspects of people operations including payroll, compensation and benefits; administration of all offices and support functions; and employee engagement.
- We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make both informed and efficient decisions and work processes.
- We are the champions of our values. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have a strong focus on performance.
- We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
About the Role
- We are looking for an operationally focused, relentlessly driven star to lead our People Group across the programme. This is a high-impact role for someone who loves challenges. You will be laser focused on motivating and retaining our best staff, and will work to ensure that our service delivery positively impacts all staff.
- The ideal candidate comes from a strong commercial background. You may have retail, operations, or consulting experiences, with a strong track record managing organisations and people in very fast-paced environments. You are energetic, tireless, relentless, and you are comfortable dealing with people of all backgrounds.
- Ensure top-notch global People service delivery. This means ensuring that all processes that touch employee needs are running smoothly. This includes all aspects of the employee life cycle, including contracting, employee on-boarding, payroll, benefits management, office administration, administration of off-site spaces, employee engagement, staff retention and career progression.
- Execute on a data-driven approach across all People activities. It is your responsibility to ensure you and your team are leveraging all available data to drive decision-making.
- You will collaborate with other Groups and Departments on programming, including but not limited to Schools, Talent Acquisition, Technology, and Finance.
- Align company processes and policies with best practices and employment/labour regulations in all countries of operation.
- Execute on performance and talent management initiatives and resource planning.
- Lead all investigations, meetings, and reviews related to any disciplinary issues of gross misconduct or gross negligence, as well as any appeals or grievances.
- Lead on design and execution of child protection and safeguarding mechanisms.
- Supervise the Manager, Administration and Manager, People Operations and other People staff as needed to ensure delivery of all People Group programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field with top academic marks; MBA/Grad Degree a plus.
- At least eight years experience, including within leadership roles and for rapidly scaling companies – across operational and project managerial capacities.
- Strong analytical thinker, ideally with previous experience in board commercial and operational areas.
- Self-starter; highly driven individual that will take ownership from the get-go and proactively look for improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work with a very diverse workforce.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online