Trainlance is a group of experienced marketing and operations professionals. We specialize in finding and matching talents with the right job opportunities. We’ve built a network of pre-screened candidates in entry and mid-level marketing and operations roles.
Job Position: People Operations Lead
Job Location: Lagos
- We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Strategic Senior People Manager who will be in charge of developing and implementing strategies for attracting, retaining, motivating, and managing talented individuals who contribute to the organization’s success.
- Developing policies and practices designed to ensure fairness in employment relations.
- The Senior People Manager must perform day-to-day activities to achieve company goals and meet key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Resource-based Strategy: Lead and facilitate the recruitment and staffing process in accordance with organizational guidelines, best practices, and budgetary guidelines.
- High-Performance Management: Enhancing company performance through superior productivity, growth, and profitability rate of the workforce.
- HR Strategy and organizational culture: Work with the team to create an HR strategy and build an organizational culture that aligns with the company’s objectives. Create strategies that enhance staff development, engagement, and career progression.
- Compensation and reward: Work with the Finance team to ensure that the company’s compensation systems and goalposts are periodically reviewed and enhanced to ensure motivation, retention, and attraction of employees.
- Improving performance: Oversee growth-focused appraisal process, including conducting mid- and/or end-of-year reviews.
- Training and Employee Development: Oversee implementation of employee training and development initiatives.
- People Operations: Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development. Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with national, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices to maintain compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- 5-8 years of experience in Strategic People Management.
- CIPM, SPHRi, SHRM or other similar certifications is required
- Experience working at a top company, consulting company and/or start-up, and have quickly assumed responsibilities related to People/Recruiting/Professional Development
- Experience in developing and implementing HR and People programs that contribute to business objectives.
- Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and work with data to facilitate your work
- Ability to make a good business case and convince people to help you execute large-scale projects
- Thorough knowledge of labor-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with HRIS and Talent management systems.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Familiarity with employee management systems such as Bento or PeopleHum is a plus
- Deep understanding of HR requirements across African countries (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria etc) is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.