Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
Job Title: Pharmacist
Duration: 1 Month
The roles and responsibilities of this include but not limited to:
- Dispense, label and package prescribed drugs to patients and ensure they are counseled on how to take their drugs in order to minimize side effects and maximize benefits.
- Render clinical advice to patients concerning their drug regimen so as to encourage compliance and adherence to therapy.
- Actively listen to and address all patients’ concerns and also follow up to ensure medications are effective.
- Ensure patients safety by ensuring the past medication history are checked each time a drug is prescribed or refilled.
- Offer advice on non-prescription remedies such as maintaining good diet and exercise, life style modification use of herbal and natural health products to obtain general wellness.
- Participate in drug procurement, employ cost-effective decision making.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes and suggest new systems and/or operational changes to management.
- Instruct patients on the dosage and dietary requirements for drug consumption.
- Provide Clinicians with information on proper drug therapy for patients.
- Monitor and audit drug inventory, ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines and reporting.
- Instruct patients on the dosage and dietary requirements for drug consumption
- Provide Clinicians with information on proper drug therapy for patients Perform drug assay to verify purity, strength, and other parameters considered for dosage.
- Review over-the-counter (OTC) and medical prescriptions to ensure they are suitable for a patient.
- Provide patients with information regarding drug interactions, side effects and storage requirements.
- Maintain record of patient profiles, inventory, and registries.
- Monitor patients to track the efficiency/side effect of drugs and make changes where appropriate.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to assist with problem identification and resolution.
- Evaluate medication and ensure standardization of medical care for the department.
- Ensure strict adherence to the policies and procedures guarding the security of controlled substances.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the MD.
Job Requirements and Experience
- Licensed Pharmacy Degree.
- Must have a current license.
- 2 years previous experience (post NYSC) in Pharmacy management.
20th November, 2021.
HMethod of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.