St. Jude Diagnostic Centre is a startup Diagnostic Centre inside Precious Palm Royal Hotel as one of her conglomerate in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Services render include: Medical laboratory services, Radiological services, Pharmaceutical services, and Consultancy services.
Job Position: Pharmacist
Location: Benin, Edo
- As a Pharmacist you will dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and provide information to patients about medications and their use.
- He or she may advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
- Compounding and dispensing medications, as prescribed by physicians.
- Monitoring customers’ drug therapies, advising interventions, and informing customers of any potential side effects.
- Instructing customers on how and when to take prescribed medications.
- Keeping accurate customer records.
- Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory.
- Adhering to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures governing pharmaceutical practice.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability. Provides information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications. Compounds and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors or medical practitioners.
- Maintain records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Provides specialized services to help patients manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, and high blood pressure.
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Performing other tasks that might be assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmacology.
- Proven experience as a pharmacist.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Valid license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands. |Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and software applications, used by pharmacies.
- Great organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
15th November, 2021.