Our client, a (Primary and Secondary) educational institution in Benin seeks to hire a Physical and Health Education Teacher for its establishment.
Job Title: Physical and Health Education Teacher
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Teachers are at the core of our Client’s mission to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths needed to succeed throughout their education and in the competitive world beyond.
- If you firmly believe that all students can learn, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes to disrupt the opportunity gap if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, and if you are eager to work alongside passionate educators committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school environment, then you are a suitable for the job!
- As a Physical and Health Education Teacher, your core responsibilities include:
Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Adapt and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum
- Develop academically rigorous lessons, unit plans, rubrics and assessments
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Provide students with daily feedback on performance and plan for individual learning needs
Help Build a Positive School and Classroom Culture
- Embody and maintain school’s values, policies and culture
- Develop positive relationships with students, families, teachers and staff
- Establish and maintain strong communication with all parents and share progress
- Show up for critical school events, including staff meetings, open houses, parent-teacher conferences and more
Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
- Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Give and receive positive and constructive feedback from your colleagues
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development
Educational Equity and Inclusion
- To plan, deliver and monitor a coordinated program of high-quality academic tutoring, which is progressive and reflective of the needs of the learners by instructing through discussions and demonstrations in Technical writing/
- Basic Technology tools related to the subject.
- To oversee the provision of relevant and up to date advice and support for learners as it relates to the subject.
- Support the Schools vision for academic excellence and critical consciousness, so that our students have “access to pursue the path they choose.”
- Engage with “love, faith, and humility” towards ALL members of our community.
- Work to ensure students, staff and families of all identity groups are full participants in decisions that shape the school or department.
- Commit to working with families as equals, co-educators, learners and decision-makers.
- To undertake, where appropriate other roles, which may arise either in the department or in the wider school environment.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting student recruitment, enrollment, and retention activities as needed
- Write letters of recommendation for students as needed
- Bachelor’s degree -BSc.Edu/ B.Ed in Physical and Health Education
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in primary and/or Secondary school
- Extra Mural experience & capabilities
- Must possess strong practical knowledge and skills in delivering lessons to students.
- Candidate must have proficiency in IT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online