Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Job Position: Plant HSE Supervisor
Job Location: Nigeria
- Coordinate the Implementation of QHSE requirements in all jobs and situations around the plant assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to all plant safety officers, ensuring that their duties are properly performed.
- To carry out periodic safety inspection tours of the plant, record findings and follow up with Head QHSE for closure.
- Maintain an incident log of all incidents minor or major within the plant and fashion out mitigative measures while following up with action parties for quick closure.
- Be involved in all incident investigations within the plant and maintain a detailed report of all UAUCs.
- Be involved with employee and contractor induction trainings, toolbox talks, confined space works and general permit requirements for the plant.
- Ensure the implementation of QHSE contractual requirements by all contractors performing jobs around the plant.
- Provide weekly hazard status report of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Develop innovative programs to assist with the propagation of the Egbin QHSE philosophy and pledge.
- Carryout related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE.
- Prospective candidate must possess B.Engr., BSc or HND in Science or Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
- Must have at least 7 – 10 years cognate experience.
- Must have NEBOSH IGC, ISPON level 3 and lead Auditor certification in either of ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015 or ISO 9001:2015.
- Membership of professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, WSO is an added advantage.
- Certificate courses in other related fields is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter, great team player with good report presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazards identification, job hazard Analysis.
- Ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
Friday, 5th August, 2022.