SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
Job Position: PLC Technician (M / F)
Job Location: Nigeria
- Under ICSS/PLC authority, he assists him with the follow-up of software and hardware for ICSS and interfaces with PLCs on board the FPSO.
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for preparing the jobs in his discipline.
- Assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to work permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during the performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Enters intervention reports in the CMMS and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of utilities and equipment systems which are under his responsibility,
- Performs the diagnostics and troubleshooting in the PLC,
- Follows up the parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes,
- He carries out, on request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Proposes any relevant action to improve the performance and availability of the control system3.
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Guaranties that software produced for modification or corrective actions conform with functional analysis.
- Guaranties that control system documentation is up to date.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Chartered Engineer (A-levels + 5 years’ study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND / HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent.
At least 3 years as a control system specialist in oil & gas industry.
- Knowledge of the principles related to the process and equipment of oil and gas treatment installations.
- Specific professional knowledge: CMMS.
- Ability to work in a large multinational team.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others.
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
Minimum level of experience required
- 3 years or more
- The holder of this post must have the following qualifications: Chartered Engineer (A-levels + 5 years’ study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study)
- At least 3 years as a control system specialist in the oil & gas industry,
- Knowledge of the principles related to the process and equipment of oil and gas treatment installations
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online