Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
Job Position: PMO & Strategy Manager – Smartcash PSB
Job Location: Lagos
The role will essentially:
- Provide strategic assistance and financial analysis support for Smart Cash PSB in all business-related matters – including preparation for various reviews.
- To do preliminary research into new markets and Opportunities in Africa.
- Engage with external bodies and knowledge forums across Africa -Identify suitable external forums to enhance knowledge and opportunities for Smart Cash Business development.
The Role Holder’s duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide input as required and implement the strategy on specific Business development projects and initiatives.
- May also be required to perform a supportive role in different phases of the strategy development.
- Assist in creation of strategies and financial plans in close coordination with Smartcash top leadership and strategic leadership.
- Prompt engagement customer service, Wallet platform Operation, Sales team during scheduled maintenance outages and incidents.
- Regular business engagement & external partner engagement to improve operational efficiency.
- Translation of business service requests into clear functional change requests to be implemented.
- Bridging between business and technical teams.
- Ensure optimal scheduling of changes to minimize downtime and comply with internal and external change regulations.
- Ensure Operation handover from Project team.
- Support decision making abilities of CBDO by conducting preliminary research and analysis on new markets.
- Detailed financial analysis (ROI analysis, cost/information analysis etc.), conducting internal and external analysis and research to formulate strategic opinions and recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate & minute the strategic reviews & meetings and update the Executive on status of various initiatives to ensure implementations and deployments as per plan.
- Review and monitor various key programs to ensure consistency with defined objectives.
- Identify suitable external forums for representation of Smartcash to enhance business development and opportunities in Africa.
- Liaise with key strategic and financial authorities, bodies and agencies.
- Coordinate with senior leadership for key data and information exchange and report preparation.
- Strategy & Financial Planning.
- Market Research.
- Programme & Project Management.
- Support/Networking with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural, multi-country environment.
- Manage expectations of multiple stakeholders: Ensure buy-in and ownership of group level and region level initiatives with top leadership.
- Manage complex assignments/projects: conceptualization, design and implementation of specific initiatives.
- Ensure timely and accurate data for top management review and suitable actions.
- Multi-tasking with crunch timelines for churning out data, reporting and analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Project management, business planning, financial services, Fintech experience in service management.
- University Degree in Project Management or other related disciplines.
- Postgraduate: CA/ MBA or Equivalent from a recognized institute, PMP, Scrum Master Huawei.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Financially savvy.
- High energy person with the ability to organize, manage and deliver key strategic initiatives.
- Strong communication skills – Both written and verbal.
- Project & Program management skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly across businesses and hierarchy levels.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Relationship management.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication.
- Results orientation.
- Senior Stakeholder Management.
- Benefit / Value assessment.
- Decision making.
- Technology Innovation.
- Issues management.
- Methods, standards creation.
- Integrity and honesty.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.