The Policy Innovation Centre (PIC) is the first national institutionalized behavioural initiative in Africa supporting government and stakeholders to make behaviorally informed decisions and generate evidence for impact-driven interventions in critical thematic areas (Governance, Health, Gender & Social Inclusion, Education, Digital & Financial Inclusion). The PIC is positioned to support the delivery of better policies and innovative solutions for high-impact interventions across Africa. The PIC is an initiative of the Nigeria Economic Summit Group (NESG), a leading think tank in Africa redefining evidence-based policy advocacy.
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor
Job Type: Contract
- Support the development and expansion of a Gender Research portfolio within the PIC as well as emerging initiatives such as the Gender Summit and the Gender and Development Course.
- Support the integration of gender-responsive and transformative approaches into PIC projects.
- Provide guidance throughout the project cycle on gender issues across all program areas.
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around developing gender-inclusive practices and policies.
- Develop and keep PIC Gender integration strategy up-to-date across projects to ensure the incorporation of gender equity and social inclusion principles into activity plans.
- Monitor, assess, and report on the implementation of project gender strategies to ensure compliance in all programming, planning, training, and activities.
- Work with the team in the development, application, and monitoring of gender-sensitive indicators and the consistent use of SADD in reporting to better measure gender-related impacts and outcomes.
- Assist in the definition of gender-related indicators and targets, as well as in the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative sex-disaggregated data; contribute to monitor and evaluating results against the indicators, to inform program and strategic decisions.
- Support the development and implementation of evidence-based equity and social inclusion analysis.
- Integrate gender content into communication materials (posters, scripts for radio or television, documentaries, and success stories), and integrate gender-related highlights and “success stories” for reports for donor submission.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Job Qualifications/Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Gender, Education, Social Sciences, International Development, Public Health, or related field.
- Minimum of five years experience in gender equity and GBV program management, coordination, policy, advocacy, technical assistance, and transformative approaches.
- Relevant experience supervising community-based social development and gender mainstreaming programs.
- Strong research and analytical skills, experience in conducting gender analysis, and development of GESI protocols.
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation, and partnership-building skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules.
Method of Application:
Are you interested and qualified?
Please send your up-to-date CV of no more than 2 A4 pages (Minimum font size 10) AND an accompanying Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages (Minimum font size 10) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Ensure to emphasize your answers to the following questions in your Cover Letter :
• What is your motivation for wanting to join the PIC?
• What are the top three key attributes you would bring to the PIC?