The Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) was established in 1978 by the Lagos State Edict No. 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977. The Polytechnic with administrative headquarters at Ikorodu is established for the training of middle and high-level technical manpower. Currently, the Polytechnic has over 20,000 Full- Time and Part-Time students on roll and runs 67 NBTE Accredited Programmes at both National and Higher National Diploma levels in Agriculture, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Management Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences, and Technology, on its three campuses located at lsolo, Surulere, and Ikorodu.
- Job Position: Polytechnic Librarian – CONPCASS 15
- Job Location: Lagos
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Library
- He / She is the administrative and academic Head of the Library.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a single term of 5 years only.
- Formulating and executing library policies
- Liaising with other departments on books and journals’ selection;
- Preparation of the Library budget;
- Attendance at all statutory meetings in the Polytechnic;
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Libraries of the Institution,
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Rector.
- Candidates must be a serving Deputy Librarian in a reputable tertiary educational Institution.
- Candidates must have a good Honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science will be an added advantage.
- He / She should have at least 13 years post-qualification cognate experience, preferably in a tertiary educational institution.
- Candidates must have a good number of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals in line with the appointment of Senior Lecturers.
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Technology, in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation.
- He / She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and planning skills.
- Must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- The Polytechnic Librarian’s basic salary is in line with the tertiary educational institutions’ salary structure of CONPCASS 15 including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
24th May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should are requested to forward twenty (20) copies of each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional).
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) held with dates, indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- Names of three (3) Referees: Employer, Educational and Personal
- Normal Signature.
Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable, and bring the originals of their credentials to the interview. Applicants are also required to request Referees to forward direct to the Registrar confidential reports on their behalf
Submission of Application
- Applications are to be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar fully sealed.